Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ohhh October!



October proved to be a month of random firsts. For example, it was the first time that I attended a live session of conference...


The choir was amazing and made me cry.
 

In other news, it was also the first time that I came home and found a snake sitting by my front door…


That sucker was BIG, ok! I debated on whether or not this was a large enough emergency for the police to be called. But when I went back outside, he’d disappeared!! Please oh please let him be gone for good…

 
Another first: I helped Levi butcher a deer. Right in my tiny kitchen. But I also learned that God answers unspoken prayers, because that happened to be the day I got a massive cold so that I at least couldn’t smell anything. My gag reflex only kicked in a few times thankfully.

 
Hooray for my mighty hunter!


Eventually those antlers will be up on a wall somewhere in our apartment. But I’ll worry about that when the time comes.

 
I also made Halloween treats for the first time ever. My V.T. ladies were the guinea pigs for my witch hat cookies.
  

Keebler Elf Striped cookies, orange frosting, and a Hershey’s kiss to top it off. Levi tried to eat all of them before I could deliver them, and he doesn’t even like chocolate!
And lastly, I dressed up for Halloween for the first time since I was 11. Levi and I brainstormed for weeks before he came up with:
 
 
Bandit and Frog, from “Smokey and the Bandit”. (Sorry for the extreme blurriness, I think Cody’s blowup fat man suit made his hands a little unsteady.) Levi made a very convincing Burt Reynolds with his felt mustache and faded bell bottom jeans (old Vanity jeans of mine that he somehow squeezed into. I will never wear them again.)
We had a ton of fun at a Halloween party with lots of friends at Cody & Chelsea’s, eating, carving pumpkins, and watching the classic “Hocus Pocus”.




A week later, we celebrated my 20th birthday! I’m officially no longer a teenager. :D
Levi surprised me with a great present.


New scriptures! With my married name on them. :) They’ll get a lot of use over the next many many years. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, cards, and gifts!

And lastly, did I mention I got a job? Wahoo!! I did! Having a jacked up back has paid off. I was going to the chiropractor through October and at the end of the month, the doctor said he needed a receptionist. (He's only been open for a few months, so he's just now getting busy enough that he really needs a receptionist.) And so, I started work last week. :D

No comments: