Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 1 of Forever!

On December 18, 2010, I married my best friend for time and all eternity in the Logan Utah Temple!


It was a crazy weekend because Levi and I finished our finals just the day before, and we had family coming from Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Georgia, and of course Utah, a WEEK before Christmas. Saturday morning we were at the temple at 6, started our session at 8, and were ready for our sealing by 10. I don’t remember most of what the sealer said because I was trying so hard not to faint, but I remember it was the best feeling in the world to be in that room with everyone we love. Afterwards when we were supposed to be getting ready to go outside and see everyone, I lost Mom. She took a bathroom break and I couldn’t get into my dress without her. Our family waiting outside froze while Levi worried by the door. Oops! We finally made it out and it was fantastic to see everyone there to support us!


They were all even willing to brave the snow and bad roads. :)

Aunt Marla did all of my flowers, and I will LOVE that woman forever. They were perfect!

Our luncheon was at The Coppermill on Main Street, and it was AWESOME! If I hadn’t been sitting in front of a room full of people (and wearing a very fitted white dress), I would have eaten 3 times as much roast beef. I think the staff had fun writing our sign for the luncheon room:


(Kinda wish they’d put Berry-Landers/Nutt-Campbell :D That would've really made me laugh!)

After we ate, Aunt Rach snapped a bunch of pictures around the building.
  

(Is she not SERIOUSLY gifted??? Love my aunt Rach Ü)
And then we all made the drive up to Pocatello to get ready for the reception. I hadn’t planned on standing there under the arch for 2½ hours straight, but we sure did! I was so amazed at the number of people who braved the weather and came!  We had cheesecake, homemade mints, cream puffs, and Scottie drinks (a family favorite!). Edith Morris, a great friend from American Falls, made my cake and that was one of my favorite parts of the day!

I couldn’t have asked for a better wedding day! We are so grateful to our family and friends for all your love and support, and for being a part of the celebrations! BEST DAY EVER!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happily Ever After!